LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

I am an employer in california with 12 employees. I just gave

Customer Question

I am an employer in california with 12 employees. I just gave an employee a final warning re: unscheduled PTO taken leaving her negative balance. She signed the letter and two days later said that her therapist is putting her on short term disability to attend a therapy session that is during the day. Can I release her from employement? do i have to keep her job open?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to answer your question. Has the employee filed for FMLA leave? Did her previous absences anything to do with the short term disability that she is now claiming? What is her disability? Thanks for the additional information.