Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

my FMLA ran out in august my doctor released me oct

my FMLA ran out in august my doctor released me oct 5 my empolyer tried to acommdate me job but I didnt have experience on the computers and being a trailer mechanic I got let go oct 28  can  I  still    file  or  get   unempoylment    benefits
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for allowing me to answer your question.

You will be eligible to receive benefits provided that you have received enough wages during the base period to establish a claim (either $1300 in one quarter of your "base period," or at least $900 in your highest quarter and total base period earnings of 1.25 times your high quarter earnings), you are physically able and available to immediately accept work, actively seeking work, and unemployed through no fault of your own. Obviously, if you were terminated as a result of your inability to continue physically performing your job, this would qualify as not fault of your own.

Assuming that you meet the other requirements for UE eligibility you should qualify. For information on how to file for benefits, visit this link: http://www.edd.ca.gov/unemployment/filing_a_claim.htm

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button directly above. I will not get credit for assisting you or receive payment for my work unless you do this. Your question will not close after you click "accept," and you will still be able to ask follow-up questions if necessary.

The only facts I know about your situation are the ones that you tell me, so please try to be specific and bear in mind that, occasionally, miscommunications will occur. I will do everything I can to clarify my answer if I have misunderstood your question. Also bear in mind that the law does not always read how we think it should. I ask that you be understanding if an opinion I have provided is not consistent with what you wanted to hear.

Finally, the information that I have provided is not legal advice. I am not acting as your attorney and my answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us. I encourage you to consult with a local attorney in regard to legal matters.

Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Significant experience in all areas of employment law.