Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

We recently performed work on a Federally funded project.

We recently performed work on a Federally funded project. Our submittals were approved by the government. We paid the California prevailing wage rate for the work performed.
After the work was completed we were told that the wrong color was used. We told the client that we would replace the materials with the correct color at no cost to the government.
Since, it is at no we still have to pay the federal prevailing wage rate for the replacement work?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

Yes, even though you are not charging the client to correct the error, this is still a federally funded project and you must typically pay the prevailing wage rate or risk penalties for violating prevailing wage laws.

I hope you found my answer helpful, even if it was not in your favor; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.