Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
4460311

We have a very small Not-for-Profit company with only one paid

We have a very small Not-for-Profit company with only one paid employee at $36,000.00 per year. The classification is clerical/administrative. What type of Workers Comp. Ins. is require?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

There are not various types of worker's comp insurance, so I am not sure what you are asking. Please clarify.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is State Fund the only show in town or are there other options for Worker Comp? Options that are less costly?

Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
I see.

You may elect to go with a private insurance or through the state-funded plan. The state-funded plan is not-for-profit, so it normally reflects the lowest rates available for small businesses.

Here is a link that provides more information:

http://business.ca.gov/StartaBusiness/AdministeringEmployees/WorkersCompensation.aspx

I hope you found my answer helpful; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.