WiseOwl58, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced California employment lawyer.

Need to know how to proceed with being turned down for a California

Need to know how to proceed with being turned down for a California Indian Gaming license when no one at casino applied to will disclose reason for being turned down.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm WiseOwl58. I am here to answer your question about California employment law.

Please tell me a little more information about the turn down for the license. Exactly what action was taken by whom, and then I will try to give you an answer by explaining what the process for taking an appeal from the decision is.

Was the turn down done by the California State Gambling Control Commission? Was there a hearing?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

o.k., here's the situation in a nut shell. I was working for a casino in Tucson. I was the casino manager. I performed a guest service stint, that got me terminated, without warning. My license is in good standing, and wasn't revoked. I have since then had three strong possibilities, and haven't been hired anywhere. I have never had a problem getting hired.

I was offered a job in Indio, and was going through the licensing process. I have held 3 ca. gaming licenses throughout my career. I was called yesterday by the casino gaming office informing me that I was denied a license. They stated they were not allowed to divulge any information to me, and stated it was an NIGC decision. He stated when he did my paperwork, he saw nothing wrong with it, however NIGC made the decision.

I am concerned that I may have been black balled unfairly, and haven't been informed.

Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 4 years ago.
First, I recommend that you get a copy of the decision in writing. You will need it in writing in order to appeal from the decision.

Also ask them for a copy of their informational piece on how to appeal from that decision. They will provide you with information as to how to appeal from that decision.

Once you have it in hand, we will follow the appellate procedures.