Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
4460311

what is the timeline to file issues with UPS and Teamsters

what is the timeline to file issues with UPS and Teamsters re: firing
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

Is your question about the timeline for filing a lawsuit for wrongful termination or filing a grievance with the employer/union?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
wrongful termination involving the employer and Teamsters union.
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
I see.

What is the basis for the claim of wrongful termination? A violation of anti-discrimination statutes or something else?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

He spent his own money to go to rehab while going through divorce. He never had a ticket or problem driving. the rehab did not give him any followup, so ended up back in rehab, (I dont know if he paid for it again or if the company did) still with no citations by the company or driving.

Time is passing and he needs to get on the bandwagon. How soon after the final hearing does he have to file and what are the timelines once he has filed.

Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
I see.

If he is alleging the union or employer is breaching a written contract with him, then the statute of limitations would normally be 4 years from the date of the breach.

Some wrongful termination claims have a statute of limitations as short as 2 years though, so it is best to file suit promptly in the event a court determines a different statute of limitations applies.

I hope you found my answer helpful; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.