socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Today I had to sign a declaration. Is an Application for Adjudication

Today I had to sign a declaration. Is an Application for Adjudication or Answer to Application for a second injury claim # XXXXX has taken away my disability pay on the first claim? I had a neck injury 2/2010. Five days after my QME, I was hit by my manager in the head. She was kind of joking around, but it really hurt and I almost hit her back! My chiropractor had me file a claim for this second injury. The incident was witnessed by the C.O.O. at work and my claims person said it would not be disputed because it was witnessed. Now I don't even have the pay for the 25% assigned me by the QME in August. I got the one payment in mid-September and now nothing. Is this Adjudication to add to my %, refute that I have any disability at all, or what?!
As far as the advice you gave me yesterday about my trouble with my claims adjuster, I am going to send certified mail to her supervisor with a copy sent to her tomorrow. It took me 4 hours to put it all together today. Frustrating!
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
I don't understand your comment. What do you mean by "I had to sign a declaration?"

I'm always concerned when people say this sort of thing, because it reads like someone was holding a gun to your head. No one generally can be forced to do anything. Why did you "have" to sign, and who told you that you had to sign today?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had a paper stating Employer's Labor Code 4906 (g) stating I declare under penalty of perjury that I have not violated section 139.3 and have offered, delivered, received or accepted any a compensation or inducement for any referred examination of evaluation.

It requires my signature...but, for what?!
The application for adjudication means (1) that you want the WCAB to determine your claim, (2) you claim that you have the right to benefits that your employer is refusing to provide, (3) if this is a secondary claim, then it is based upon the supervisor hitting you and causing a further injury, and (4) the declaration represents your oath that you did not obtain a physician's opinion that favors your secondary claim by paying a bribe to the physician.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!