LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

i was physically harassed at work, this person put his hands

Customer Question

i was physically harassed at work, this person put his hands around my throat
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello there:

Thank you for entrusting me with your situation. Iam an attorney licensed and practing law in California. I understand the situation, but I do not want to make any assumptions about what you are asking. What question can I answer for you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
im a laborer, i'm in construction, i'm apart of a union. i was working next to an operator (heavy equipment) in a small footing on a construction project. the guy lost it, jumps off the machine, gets in my face, and then puts his hands around my throat. the foreman saw the whole thing, got in the middle to break us up, i threw one punch in defense. the operator was kicked of the job and went to work the next day on another project like nothing happened. we both work for the same company, this company has a no fighting policy. how far can i take my case, what do i need to do to get the ball rolling. i am furious, i want justice!
I don't blame you for feeling that way. You said that he is on another project---do you still have to interact with this guy? Do you see him while at work?