I have a work note from a doctor relieving me from work due

I have a work note from a doctor relieving me from work due to stress. A superior from my job made me fill out a workers comp claim for one stressful event at work even though I am applying for disibility. Is this right?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 5 years ago.

I am an expert at JustAnswer and will be assisting you. I would like to address a few important issues before answering your question.

An employer is under an obligation to report injuries occurring at work. While it may later be determined that the worker's compensation injury report should not result in a claim for benefits, an employer will generally insist on a report being filed to comply with the law. Generally, it is appropriate to complete a report or claim for a work related injury.

Thank you

Please do not forget to accept the answer if satisfied. I only receive credit for answering your question if you accept and you can continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting.