Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
4460311

can HR terminate you and have your check ready before they

can HR terminate you and have your check ready before they even listeb to your side after 21 years of employement and how soon they have to pay you final check?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

Do you have any reason to believe you may have been discriminated against on the basis of your race, age (40 or older), gender, disability, or something else?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
im 62 yrs old, been at same place for 21 years, never had a complaint, i felt that my new boss for thelast 2 years been definitly try to moove me out, structaly and sistemeticly moove me in posation where i made lass money, finaly he terminated me a weekego
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
I see.

Because of your age, you may have a complaint for age discrimination for which you could seek lost wages and benefits.

If the employer replaces you with a significantly younger employee or there is other evidence they have engaged in age discrimination, then you should file a complaint with the EEOC or state fair employment and housing commission.

Here is a link with more information:'

http://www.ehow.com/list_6707058_california-laws-age-discrimination.html

Additionally, the employer must typically provide you with your final check upon termination under CA law. If the employer did not pay all of your compensation upon termination, file a complaint with the state labor board.

I hope you found my answer helpful; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.