Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

Can you be singled out because, the employer is saying you

Can you be singled out because, the employer is saying you don't have the right personality for the job you have been currently doing? Especially if there was no given proof of personality conflict 24yrs of Excellent Reviews yearly.
Submitted: 5 years ago via EmployeeIssues.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

Do you have any reason to believe you may have been discriminated against on the basis of your race, age (40 or older), gender, disability, or something else?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As far as, I know , you can not be singled out period at work without a paper trail reguarding work performance and included work relations with others
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
No that is not true unless there employer has a strict written policy which does not provide them with discretion, which most employers know is not in their interest.

There is normally no protection against the employer's action based on a personality conflict or their decision that you are not a good fit for the job. Unless they discriminate or retaliate against you based on some protected classification such as race, gender, age, or disability, the employer is typically permitted to make such decisions as they deem necessary for their business needs.

I hope you found my answer helpful; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.