ANDREA
ANDREA, Attorney
Experience:  JD, LLM (Federal Taxation); Employment Law, Employment disputes
20073497

Their is a supervisor at my workplace that is constantly making

Their is a supervisor at my workplace that is constantly making me feel harrasted and making false accusations twards me without any proof. When I am called in to meeting they never want to hear my side of the story or hear my witnesses. I already have two write up becuase of this... But their was a situation when this supervisor came from behind me and struck me in my back and while I was stacking cantalope boxes, his excuse was that he was just playing with me. I did go to his supervisors and made a complaint, but all they did was made him apologize to me. After that is when I have been having trouble with him and they have demoted me twice from my positions. I went ahead and wrote a letter to the owner on Aug. 30, 2011 to let him know what is going since this last meeting they did tell me one more write up and they will fire me. Can you advice me?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  ANDREA replied 3 years ago.

Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name isXXXXX am a licensed, practicing Attorney, I have 25 years experience and would be glad to help

The attorneys on JustAnswer are glad to answer questions and give information, but JustAnswer is not a law firm, so we cannot take on client representation and no attorney-client relationship is formed.

You have done the best thing you can do by bringing the work conditions to the attention of the owner. You might want to write to him again, asking what you can do to uphold the integrity of the company and at the same time protect yourself from the acts of these employees who do not care about the company. The only thing you can do is to continue to briefly inform the owner of what is going on in the workplace because he is the only person who would be able to help you if the managers decided to fire you.

If the owner is not usually on the premises during work hours and he has given the decision making authority to others, you must remember that if an employer and employee do not have a signed written employment agreement setting forth the rights and responsibilities of the parties, and the conditions under which the employer may terminate the employee, then the employee may leave the employer at any time without any obligation to the employer, and by the same token, the employer may terminate the employee at any time, with or without cause without any liability to the employee.

Please be kind enough to press "ACCEPT", otherwise I do not get paid anything at all

BONUS
and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are appreciated

ANDREA, Attorney
Experience: JD, LLM (Federal Taxation); Employment Law, Employment disputes