LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

I have been told in an e-mail by the owner of a company that

Customer Question

I have been told in an e-mail by the owner of a company that "I DECIDE the functions that fill your day not you". I had requested to be compensated for accounting work I have been doing for 2.5 years for another company he is 60% owner, which was not part of my job when I was hired nor have I received any compensation from that company or his company that I work full time for. He says that his other company has been compensated and says I have been fairly paid for my job. I have and additional 25-35 of extra work to do for this company each month and he keeps telling me I have no additional work to do and says his other company is paid a commission for the accounting work and for other items. He says my hours have not change which is not true because I spend more time at work and home completing the additional tasks for his second company.
He has also discriminated against me about my age. One specific instance it at the annual holiday gathering for his company while speaking to all of the employees he said he can always count on me to be the grumpy old man. At another time He also asked me why it cost so much for my health insurance which I did not answer. He has also called me old in front of other employees. I am currently 59 years old.

The owner has been in a rage screaming foul language on the company intercom to specific employees and also calling on the phone individuals who work for me using the "f--k" word in the conversations to them. The owner drinks almost everyday for 6 t 7 pm with another worker and seems to be an alcoholic. He drinks in the evening and the drive off.

The company is an "at Will" company in California.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.

What question can I "justanswer" for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.