LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.

I gave notice to leave my company 3 weeks in advance. They

Customer Question

I gave notice to leave my company 3 weeks in advance. They have had me flying back and forth every week from California to Georgia since March, returning every Friday and flying back on Sundays. Two weeks into my notice period I am being told I have to work until 5pm on my last day in GA or else they will fire me and ruin my reputation in my industry. My question is - are they legally required to fly me home or can they just leave me stranded 3000 mile from home? I work in California and my job requirements were not a full time traveller, matter of fact I was supposed to be less than 25% travel. Thanks . . . Tim
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.

Where is the employer based, and where do you reside?