socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

The mgr/gen mgr is going to increase my work load and change

Customer Question

The mgr/gen mgr is going to increase my work load and change only my hours of work and no other specialist hours will be change, and limit who I can have communication with in the store can he do this/ they then told me I was making a hostile work environment.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
If the employer has evidence that you have engaged in some sort of action that represents potentially unlawful discrimination or harassment under federal regulations (29 CFR Subtitle B, Chapter XIV), then the employer is required to take immediate action to remedy the situation, or the employer becomes liable for the alleged discrimination, even if it were later found that no discrimination occurred.

So, the answer is "yes," the employer can change your hours and increase your workload.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!