Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 16 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

I dont know how much more to provide. I believe that I have

I don't know how much more to provide. I believe that I have supplied enough on the first page
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,

Did you have a new question for me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I have a new question. This is a continuation of my question yesterday. My question is if she should call in sick, THEN get on the computer for a few hours, she claims that since she is working at home, I can't count that as a sick day since she has found work to do. Honestly, I don't know if she does any work at home but you can't substitute your sick day to work day. She will go home to see her daughters while they are sick, spend half day then does not expect to get docked that time. She does work at home because i allow her time during the day to work her real estate and when we agreed to make these arrangements, she understood that i fully expect the job to be done even if it meant some evenings and weekend work depending on the work load. Jim
Expert:  Tina replied 2 years ago.
If she cannot substantiate her work time at home, you typically have the right to demand that she work at the office only. You are not required by law to permit her to work at home normally and may require her to be at the office if she does not intend to take a sick day.

I realize you have attempted to accommodate her other responsibilities, but it sounds as though she must be responsible to you as well and accommodate your needs.

You can inform her that she will be disciplined, either a verbal or written warning or even termination, if she does not abide by your policies as an employer.

If she continues to abuse your policies, she will be disciplined.

I hope that aids you in this situation.

Good luck and take care.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Justanswer.com. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and all the best to you.

Tina, Attorney
Experience: JD, 16 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.