socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

How long does a person have to wait to reapply for unemployment

How long does a person have to wait to reapply for unemployment after they were denied a claim due to the fact that the employee quit the job due to personal stress, like a seperation.
An employee who is denied UI benefits due to their having voluntarily quit work without "good cause" must earn at least (1) $1,300 in one quarter of their base period, or (2) at least $900 in the highest quarter and total base period earnings of 1.25 times high quarter earnings.

All of the required earnings must come from new employment. Payments accured due to the employment from which the employee formerly quit without good cause is not counted.

A "base period" is the first 4 of the past 5 calendar quarters.

Based upon your stated facts, you need to have earned at least $1,300 from new employment during the past 15 months in order to qualify for UI benefits.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!