Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
4460311

My interview for a job (which I was not offered) is now being

My interview for a job (which I was not offered) is now being used as a part of their marketing campaign. I didnt know I was being videoed, nor did I consent to being taped or my interview being used. What can I do?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Justanswer.com.

Unless you signed a release, the company should not use your image for this purpose typically.

It would be best to retain a local attorney to communicate a cease and desist to the company in an effort to stop them from using the video in its marketing campaign. If they do not comply, then you would normally need to petition the local court for an injunction preventing its use and may sue for any damages sustained as a result of their using the video without your consent.

Good luck and take care.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Justanswer.com. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and all the best to you.