socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Does anyone know what adjust paid time means on a timecard

Does anyone know what "adjust paid time" means on a timecard? In my situation, I worked a gig last September (earned hours and everything), but did not get paid until March. As a result of "adjust paid time" does that mean that my hours worked last September is know recognized as the hours I worked in March?

I have a court date for unemployment and they are arguing that I incorrectly stated information about my employment and are trying to count it from March, whereas I worked in September.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
The phrase "adjusted paid time" has no legal meaning. It's simply terminology created by the time card software manufacturer to describe situations where a person's pay has been modified to reflect total work week pay different than that which would have been earned based upon the regular wage and number of hours actually worked.

If you want to prevail in court, then you will need a definitive written explanation from the payroll department where you worked. The only way that you can get that is to either subpoena the custodian of records for the payroll department, or try to convince them to provide a written explanation so that no one from the employer is required to show up at the hearing.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!