Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
4460311

IF YOU OWN A SANDWICH SHOP IN LA, CA & EE WORKS SUNDAY BUT GETS A 3RD DAY OFF DURING T

Customer Question

IF YOU OWN A SANDWICH SHOP IN LA, CA & EE WORKS SUNDAY BUT GETS A 3RD DAY OFF DURING THE WEEK ARE YOU OBLIGED TO PAY OT RATE FOR SUNDAY WORK?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Justanswer.com.

Overtime is not typically required unless the employee works in excess of 40 hours for the week.

For example, if the employee has worked 35 hours during the week prior to Sunday and worked 5 hours on Sunday, overtime pay is not typically required.

Here is a link that provides more information:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/faq_overtime.htm

Good luck and take care.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Justanswer.com. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and all the best to you.