N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983

This involves California overtime An employee workd 3-12

Customer Question

This involves California overtime

An employee workd 3-12 hr days one week and 4-12 hour days another week Does he get paid overtime for the 4th day when working the 4 day-12 hr week?

THey get paid weekly
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 5 years ago.
Does he get paid overtime for the 4th day when working the 4 day-12 hr week?

Yes, but the employer has to pay overtime for all hours over 8 per day.
In California, the general overtime provisions are that a nonexempt employee 18 years of age or older, or any minor employee 16 or 17 years of age who is not required by law to attend school and is not otherwise prohibited by law from engaging in the subject work, shall not be employed more than eight hours in any workday or more than 40 hours in any workweek unless he or she receives one and one-half times his or her regular rate of pay for all hours worked over eight hours in any workday and over 40 hours in the workweek.

I hope this information is helpful.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
The answer was very basic and generic. I already was aware of the website being offered.

What I needed was information on alternative work scheduels which my question was talking about.

I have since done my own research on the matter where it dicussed the OT rules base on recent legistlation on 1998 and 2000 where the alternative OT laws were enacted including a discussion of waivers

Please cancel my request and do not charge my account