Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 16 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

how many hours should you get payed for when call on day o

how many hours should you get payed for when call on day off?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Justanswer.com.

What is the nature of the dispute here? Whether commuting time is compensable?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Got pay 2hrs want kwon if law stateds that you get payed for 4hrs for going into work on day off?

Expert:  Tina replied 2 years ago.
I see.

The law requires that employees be paid for time actually worked typically unless they worked more than 40 hours in a work week. If the hours represent overtime, then the employee should be paid time and one-half normally.

There is generally no requirement that employees must be paid a premium if they are called in to work on their day off unless the employer has a written policy requiring the additional pay.

Good luck and take care.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Justanswer.com. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and all the best to you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I understand what you are saying,but still don't get if there is a law on (on call time) payment.

Expert:  Tina replied 2 years ago.
On call time is a different issue.

If the employee is required to remain on the employer's premises while on call or must be available such that the employee is unable to use the on-call time for personal reasons, then the employer must normally compensate the employee for such time.

Here is a link with more information on that issue:

http://labor-employment-law.lawyers.com/wage-and-hour-law/Pay-for-On-Call-Time.html

All the best to you.

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button even if you have a subscription plan so I will be credited for my time by Justanswer.com. If you do not press ACCEPT, the website retains your payment and I receive nothing. A Bonus is always appreciated. Thanks again.

Tina, Attorney
Experience: JD, 16 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.