How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This one concerns my unpaid expenses. The company I work for

Resolved Question:

This one concerns my unpaid expenses. The company I work for sent me to a client four times in March and April. I paid for my accommodation, food and travel expenses with my private credit card and submitted the expense claims with all necessary receipts at the end of March and April. I have not been paid yet.

My question is this: can I charge the company finance charges that I have incurred from the credit card company.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for contacting

You would typically be entitled to reimbursement for all charges incurred on behalf of the employer in reliance on their reimbursement policy, so I would include the finance charges if the employer is late in reimbursing you.

Good luck and take care.



Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and all the best to you.

Tina and 2 other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related California Employment Law Questions