Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

This one concerns my unpaid expenses. The company I work for

This one concerns my unpaid expenses. The company I work for sent me to a client four times in March and April. I paid for my accommodation, food and travel expenses with my private credit card and submitted the expense claims with all necessary receipts at the end of March and April. I have not been paid yet.

My question is this: can I charge the company finance charges that I have incurred from the credit card company.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for contacting

You would typically be entitled to reimbursement for all charges incurred on behalf of the employer in reliance on their reimbursement policy, so I would include the finance charges if the employer is late in reimbursing you.

Good luck and take care.

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and all the best to you.