Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.
4460311

What laws are there in California that mandate the payment

What laws are there in California that mandate the payment of salary to an employee? The company I work for is apparently having cash flow issues and has not paid anyone's July salary yet - and I am getting worried as my mortgage is due very soon.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Justasnwer.com.

Employers are required by law to pay employees on the regularly scheduled pay dates typically. When the employer does not, a complaint should normally be filed with the state labor board to investigate and collect wages on your behalf.

Here is a link to file a wage claim:

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtofilewageclaim.htm

Good luck and take care.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Justanswer.com. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and all the best to you.