socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

if my employer decides that they dont want to work with the

if my employer decides that they dont want to work with the limitations that my doctor has perscribed for a non work related injury and sends me home do i qualify for state disabilty?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
The issue here is whether or not (1) you cannot work because of your disability, or (2) because your employer won't permit you to work.

If #1, then you are eligible for SDI. If #2, then you are eligible for unemployment benefits.

So, either way, you're eligible for benefits -- if you cannot get one, then apply for the other.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!