N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983

Some time ago,I took a security job to cover the Olohne Gathering

Customer Question

Some time ago,I took a security job to cover the Olohne Gathering in San francisco.At the Yerba buena Center..Sponsered by World Art West..A non profit..Still in business and still Sponsering Gatherings in the area..Lond story short they Highered my self for the day for a sum og $475.00 . They have not paid for over a month,and say nothing of it passed go see the city of San francisco.What can be done to get my money owed me.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 5 years ago.
Was there a written contract?

Have you worked for the same employer in the past?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There was a submitted response designating there request for my services,and there request for me to give a lower price,and my response to the said amount wich was far below what it should be normally.Submitted..
Please clarify if you do this work as an independent contractor or as an employee.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do it as a BSIS Certified Guard as opportuned by Homeland Security.We have the right work for who ever.In this case it was The Tribe who was sponsored by World Art West
I have to ask if they take OASDI or any deductions out of your checks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not a regular the amount specified for this job was 475 dollars no more no there are never deductions much like your sears right a check for the amount agreed or specified
OK, thanks for clearing that up. This means that you cannot get the Labor Commissioner to help you collect this, but you can sue in Small Claims Court for breach of the contract, see

The forms are all linked from

I hope this information is helpful.