socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I had a question regarding a California Unemployment Insurance

I had a question regarding a California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board decision in 2004 that states something to the effect that "schools are not in summer recess if they are operating summer school". The case was opened by the sub teachers of San Francisco. I cannot find the docket number nor the exact ruling. Do you know anything about this CUIAB case?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.

Only a very limited number of CUIAB decisions have precedent value. The others, though perhaps interesting, are not useful for subsequent case determinations. This link brings you to the various decisions.

I have reviewed each of the decisions relating to school employees and I find nothing connected with your alleged facts. You are welcome to review the cases, yourself. However if you don't find it in this list, then continued searching may be of little value, because even if you were to find the case, it wouldn't have any binding precedent in an subsequent UI case.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!