socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Calif.---- a employee injured while working,did report to Sup.

Calif.---- a employee injured while working,did report to Sup. in writing. but only pain is evident. Called HR rep. HR told him to see Dr. -- but would not authorize visit . used own insurance to get care-- has been outXXXXX diag. Ciatitca and some back problem. Co. still declines to accept. or examine. Now employee insists on filing claim. Co.'s response meeting with HR/ Mgr/ supervisor/ what could be outlook?
Not sure why employee has waited to file with workers comp. Employer is legally required to give employee form to file within one working day. So, the employer could be in some serious hot water.

Here's the form (DWC1). Fill it out, give it to your employer, and then contact the DWC. See this link.

Or, for a private workers comp lawyer, see this link.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!