socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

California Labor Laws. We terminated an employee who was

California : Labor Laws.
We terminated an employee who was still in the 90 day trial period for misconduct and lack of productivity and not following the contractual agreement we have w/ a client. He is now harrassing the Supervisor who terminated his emplloyment. Should I email and call this employee and let him know that he may not return to the property and that it is now trespassing at this point.
There is no way to know if a person receives an email, so you cannot assert that the person received any legal notice of his right to enter onto your land.

Thus, you need to either send certified mail, return receipt requested, so that you have a signature to prove that notice was given, or you need to have a process server hand deliver the notice to the former employee.

Alternatively, the supervisor can call the police and request a criminal stalking restraining order be issued against the employee. Or, the supervisor can go to civil court and request a civil harassment restraining order.

Finally, as employer, you can instruct the supervisor that the next time he is harassed by the employee, that he can dial 911 and ask for assistance (or, he can call the regular police line, and ask, if it doesn't seem like an emergency -- but for the police to arrest for criminal trespass, the officer must generally observe the suspect actually trespassing.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!