socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I work 7.5hrs a day and get on duty meal period.I get paid

I work 7.5hrs a day and get 'on duty" meal period.I get paid for 30 min. for lunch,but the division of standards state of California said that a on duty meal period counted as 1hr paid.Should I get 30 min. more pay.Also I never sign agreement that had said I could revoke this agreement at any time.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.
What is your job description (I need this to review the applicable IWC Order)?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Iam asst. mamager at jons market , I work 230/1030pm.Iam the only manager after 530pm,like I said I have a on duty meal break.AT night Iam incharge of 10 /15 people,I would like you if you can to answer my question.
If you work from(NNN) NNN-NNNN that is 8 hours. If your meal period is "on duty," then you're entitled to 8 hours pay. for each day of work under the stated work schedule.

If you do not have a written agreement made in accordance with IWC Order 7-2001(11)(C)-(D), then the employer owes you an extra one hour of pay for every meal break not provided in accordance with the IWC Order. If you file a wage claim, you would be entitled to back wages for the past three years -- which could add up to a nice chunk of change.

To file a DLSE wage claim, see this link.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!