socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

Hello, I am a security officer and I have a misdiminor on

Customer Question

I am a security officer and I have a misdiminor on my record... would I be able to renewe my gauard card with a misdiminor on my record?

Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.

Bus. & Prof. Code 480 permits the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services disccretion to deny a guard license renewal based upon the applicant's commission of a crime.

The type of crime is relevant to the extent that it may impact the applicant's duties. Example: a conviction for shoplifting would absolutely prohibit a renewal, whereas a conviction for failure to appear on a traffic infraction may not.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!