How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1276
Experience:  I have 30 years of experience in the practice of law, including employment law and discrimination law.
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a disabled person going through a disability retirement

Customer Question

I am a disabled person going through a disability retirement fight with Cal-PERS (California State Civil Service). My question is this I'm scheduled for a General Juridistictoin Administrative Procedural Act hearing - do I need to hire an attorney for this or is this something I can I do representing myself because I live on $1,800 a month and can't afford an attorney? I haven't worked in over a cople of years and I am receiving monthly Social Security Disability Benefits because I'm unable to work in lieu because of my multiple disabilities (Orthopedic - bi-lateral knees(5 knee surgeries) & spine(2 Spinal Block Procedures), which I take Oxycodone 2 to 3 time daily for & PT water aerobics) unable to sit,stand,walk,squat,or lift over 10 lbs was employeed as an Accountant.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.

Sorry no one has answered you sooner. Please let me know if you still need some assistance, and I will try to help.


Related California Employment Law Questions