Tina, Attorney
Experience:  JD, 17 years experience & recognized by ABA for excellence in employment law.

Permanent part-time employee paid only by commission. Over

Permanent part-time employee paid only by commission. Over the past 64 years I have consistently worked 26 hours or more every week, I have asked for a review of hours to receive vacation time and pay. The company has now stalled for 4 months without an answer saying they are looking into it. How much time do I allow before pursuing more detailed answers and follow-up?
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for contacting

Does the employer have a policy of paying vacation to part-time employees?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, and sorry typo, 6 years plus of employment
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
No worries.

The employer should provide you with vacation days earned on your pay stubs typically. The employer has had more than ample time to resolve the issue and I would report the matter to the state labor board for investigation and resolution.

Here is a link to file a wage claim:

Good luck and take care.

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and the best of luck.