How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: California Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 38452
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your California Employment Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just moved from Colorado to California. I have a TIN

Resolved Question:

I have just moved from Colorado to California. I have a TIN and my small business is regestered as a corp in Colorado. I do voice work and will just be paid here for the work that only I do. I want to get registered as a business in Cali but am not sure what all I have to do. My question is: can my current TIN number and business name remain the same...and what do I need to do to get registered in California. Thanks!
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: California Employment Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 years ago.

To register a foreign (out-of-state) corporation to do business in California, the following forms must be filed with the California Secretary of State:

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answer your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.

socrateaser and 2 other California Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you