Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I would like more information about the legalities involved

Customer Question

I would like more information about the legalities involved with starting an IV hydration therapy business.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: DC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No Just to be clear This is all in an "ideation" stages at the moment
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
To add.I have a group of advanced medical practitioners that can administer medicated IV hydration fluids but cant do anything until there is some kind of medical insurance in place for the business.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 4 days ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Can you explain a little more to me what legal information you are requesting?

"The therapies provided in elective hydration clinics all fall under medical services, and thus requires the license and oversight of a medical doctor. The facilities should be licensed as a clinic or a doctor’s office in order to provide medical services. However, due to the nature of this business, it is becoming commoditized with several aspects blending into a retail business model." http://revivme.com/elective-hydration-safety-rules-regulations/

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Correct.Basically, IV hydration therapy for people who may have had a little too much to drink and need help feeling better to cure their hangover the day after. We would also like to provide IV hydration therapy to athletes to put essential vitamins and minerals back into their bodies after a 5k, Spartan Race, Full marathon, cross fit competition, etc.None of the IV hydration therapy fluids or medications administered will contain controlled substances.Can board certified Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants run their own IV hydration therapy business? Does a medical doctor have to be part of the "equation" considering we have NP's as our medical provider?Also considering that in the District of Columbia, Nurse Practitioners can practice independently without physician oversight.If so, how far does that scope of practice reach? Can registered paramedics and registered nurses practice under standing NP orders?
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 day ago.

It seems your question is more about liability. Is that correct?