Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I'm in a process of starting an Internet Auction Listing

Customer Question

Hi I'm in a process of starting an Internet Auction Listing Service in Illinois and have some questions.
My understanding is that to start an internet auction listing service I'll need to file an application with the state prior to any other steps. If approved it gives me the right to auction personal goods and services online. If I want to auction a real estate I'll need to have a valid Realtor license as well.
Will a regular broker license be enough to run this service even under a patronage of a managing broker or I'll need to be a managing broker myself?
What is the difference if I want to run the service as a LLC? Will there be additional requirements to the other partners in regards ***** *****?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 9 days ago.

A real estate license is enough. The LLC is a good idea to protect you personally. As long as you are licensed, you are all set.