Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Wage and tax license revoked what are my options to keep the

Customer Question

wage and tax license revoked what are my options to keep the business going
JA: Was a citation issued? Has a court date been set?
Customer: already received the revocation 24 hours
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what do you mean
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: way behind on sales tax license has been revoke was not able to attend hearing ask to re schedule refused no flexability
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what would happen if I keep running the business I have 12 employees
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your license has been revoked and you continue to operate, the state will come in and shut you down and padlock the doors until you pay what is due. If you reenter the business or continue to operate, they can come in and arrest you for contempt of the cease and desist order. Playing with the tax people is not something that is recommended, you are going to need to deal with them and come up with some deal to get them paid or they will forbid your operations and seize your business property and assets to auction off.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.