Kendell Kelly, Esq.
Kendell Kelly, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer to importers, restaurateurs and other business owners handling everything from business formation to dissolution.
72980900

I am starting a consumer products review blog. I would like

Customer Question

I am starting a consumer products review blog. I would like to know if I can use on my site pictures of the products I will be reviewing or if I need to obtain permission from the company.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Kendell Kelly, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is Kendell! Happy to help! Please remember that this is a tool for information only, we cannot give you legal advice and thus cannot tell you what to do or not (since that is prohibited).This should not be considered a attorney-client relationship. Also, please reserve your feedback until we have fully answered your question -- I will stick with you until we do.

In order to use an image, you will need permission of the copyright owner of the photograph. That may be the company or the photographer, but in either case you need permission.

Sometimes in the case of review sites, a company will grant permission within its Terms and Conditions or upon writing for use of images related to a review.

Let me know if you have further questions. If not, please rate your answer so my time is credited -- should you feel your current rating would be anything less than Good, make sure to give me the opportunity to fix it!!

_____________________

Use of this service does not create an attorney-client relationship. Inasmuch, our conversation is merely informational and should be used to find an attorney licensed in your local area that can further assist you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I personally took a picture of the product - would I need to seek permission?

If you personally took the photo, then you are the owner and would be able to use.

hello!! Just checking in to make sure your question was fully answered.