Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I understand the following is unusual. A mom of the two

Customer Question

I understand the following is unusual. A mom of the two parties wants to know for personal, whether Party A HAD to do the below.1. Party 1 won a judgment against Party 2.
The parties are related.
Person in charge was trustee of the Party 1 trust and has a financial interest in same.Party B had a change of address and informed Party A.
Did A absolutely HAVE to file with the court (after judgment was obtained) Party B's change of address, or could a "friendly" not file it (e.g. so as not to make the address so easy for 3rd parties to obtain)? What would be the consequences if Party A did not do that?2. Party A served Party B with the lawsuit via a service. Was Party A (related family and financial interest) not allowed to personally serve it and/or mail it or anything? Party B would have been happy to get receipt in any way other than served in front of people by a process server, and would have signed a document confirming receipt.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the issues, and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Does a party that won an instant action judgment absolutely have to file with the court the debtor's new address if the debtor moves? Not whether they want to, do they have to?
A mother of both sides wants to know one son HAD to give the courts, after winning a judgment, that the other son moved to a new home, thusly making his address public.