Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

My orginal question pertained to a letter sent to me

Customer Question

My orginal question pertained to a letter sent to me concerning my business. I feel strongly that the letter was shared with a third party. There was an interest shown by the third party to buy my dealership, and as it stands it cost me the sale. Does this code U.S.C 1832 apply to this suspected situation? I am find with waiting upon an answer tomorrow from you.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 4 months ago.

Was the letter supposed to be confidential and who shared it with the third party?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The letter was to my/my company. A management person from headquarters shared the letter with a third party, one person for sure, and possibly another dealer.

A communication from a third party to your company would not be a trade secret and would not be governed by the federal statute. You are dealing with an unfair trade practice or a breach of the duty of the employee to keep confidential matters related to the company that is confidential. This is governed by state law not federal law. Any claim would be under state statutes or an employee's common law duties to his or her employer.

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.