Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Second opinion] If I want to look up a business to see if it

Customer Question

Second opinion] If I want to look up a business to see if it even exists where do I do this at? If I do not know what state the business is located in is there a way for me to look it up without having to look in every state?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

[Second opinion] If I want to look up a business to see if it even exists where do I do this at?

Response 1: Generally, at the Secretary of State's Office (Corporations/Business Services Division) of the state where the business is located. In some states this would be under different departments such as the Department of Treasury like New Jersey.

If I do not know what state the business is located in is there a way for me to look it up without having to look in every state?

Response 2: Unfortunately, no if you are looking for official information about the business.

Best wishes,