Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

I would like to know about starting a limo business

Customer Question

Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what kind of business plan would I need? How many cars do I need to get started?
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 4 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

What state are you in? Would you be doing the driving initially yourself? What level of business do you think you might be able to do initially?

Customer: replied 17 hours ago.
Hi Richard.
I am personally not doing the driving. I am thinking about something in the west Philadelphia, Upper Darby areas with two or three vehicles.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 16 hours ago.

If you are going to operate in Philadelphia you have to obtain a certificate of convenience from the Philadelphia Parking Authority and your vehilcles and drivers have to be certified. You must also determine what class of service you want to provide. Here is a link to the rules and regulations that describe the classes of limosine service. http://philapark.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/TLD-Regulations.pdf

To provide service outside Philadelphia you would need a certificate of convenience from the PA Public Utilities Commission. Here is a link to their requirements. http://www.puc.beta.state.pa.us/general/onlineforms/pdf/Limo_Fact_Sheet.pdf

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.