Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I am a web designer. My client website was coded in a old

Customer Question

I am a web designer. My client website was coded in a old language & I put it in PHP. Since I did not get the new site done in time she said that she wanted the old site to be left on until their conference was over in Oct. We have been talking & she said in mid Nov. she would work with me to get the new site up. Now she is not wanting to do so even though the site has been ready for launch shortly after we talked. She wants her money back. Since it was to be launch in 2-3 months and it was not but she said not only 2 weeks ago she would work with me. Do I have to give back the money?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: She has contacted her lawyer and he sent a certify letter to me asking for the money but that is all
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just what I already stated
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What does your contract with her state regarding your performance and her obligations?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That the site would be done in 2-3 months by a certain date. Which it was not because of the old coding but then she said two weeks ago she would work with me. So am I obligated to give her all of the money back since the site is done now and ready to launch and now she says forget just return the money?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you there?