Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Please review my 10 page contract. I will send it to you.

Customer Question

Please review my 10 page contract.
I will send it to you.
How is every part of the contract? Anything I should change?
Please let me know if the contract will hold up in court and will win if the client chargeback his credit card statement yet signed the contract.
It's ok that I make it non- cancelable by the Reseller for the term I state (ie: 1 or 2 years)? So that they will always be liable to pay each month. Is there any outs I have to give?
I can state that I can turn off their website and back on when they pay what is due, yet still take partial payments until they have paid what is due in full, right?
In the agreement I mention "You" as well as "Reseller". Is this mixing the 2nd person and 3rd person tenses? Do I need to pick one or is it ok?
If the total amount they have to pay is tens of thousands of dollars but the contract is mentioning that they are agreeing to a payment plan where they are paying a monthly installments of it and must pay the total amount as soon as the contract is signed and we start the service, then it would be ok to make it 5, 10, or 20 year agreement with no out, no?
Are there any requirements I need to do for this if it is considered a "business opportunity"? Is it enough that I have mentioned in the contract that this is not a business opportunity. And any opportunity to make money is provided as a free bonus (even though I am pitching the opportunity to have their own social media management business.)
Are you certain about your responses. If you end up being incorrect, how do you guarantee your answers so we don't follow it and later find out we violated the law?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 days ago.

I would be happy to help but you have to select the premium services and pay an additional fee for document review.