Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I worked for a radio station and signed a non compete / non

Customer Question

I worked for a radio station and signed a non compete / non solicit for 3 months. It states that competing business is specifically radio and television. I also have 2 emails from corporate that state competing business is defined to include only radio and television. I was told by the company that I could not take a position at a Newspaper?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 11 days ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.If the agreement specifies only radio and television, and not newspapers, then you should be in the clear.
Expert:  Roger replied 11 days ago.
The company drafted the agreement and had they wanted to include newspapers, it certainly could have.
Expert:  Roger replied 11 days ago.
Also, courts do it like non-compete agreements, so the judge should interpret the document against the drafter.
Expert:  Roger replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for your question and please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting.