Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

Division of corporation does not accept the word investments

Customer Question

Division of corporation does not accept the word investments when trying to incorporate my business why will this be?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Certain words are restricted in terms of being included in a name of a company. Investment is one of such words. To use that word in a name you must have approval of the Superintendent of Financial Services. Here is a link that explains what is required to get such approval and the criteria the department uses in determining whether the name will be allowed. The primary concern is that the public not be confused that your business is a bank.

http://www.dfs.ny.gov/banking/ia17.htm

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 11 days ago.

I sent you the answer to your question a few days ago. If you do not have any additional questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I get credit for working on your question.