Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

I am on E3. We have company in India in manufacturing

Customer Question

HI Pearl, I am on E3. We have company in India in manufacturing furnaces, can I or my husband who is on E3D, can start our own business in USA. I am currently working but also want to expand our business to USA from India.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Which paperwork
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am on E3 since April and came to USA on E3 in May
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 17 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

You are on an E-3 working for an employer in the U.S.? How much do you plan to invest in your own company in the U.S.?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am working on E3 for an employer in Iowa. I came on ESTA in Jan and went to India for E3 stamping in April and came back to USA on E3. I changed employer last month and had visa stamping done in Vancouver.We already have a mechanical manufacturing company in India. My husband and kids are coming on E3D next month. We want to extend our business. I would like to know my options of starting our own business in Iowa or expanding a branch to our Indian business.

But to do that? To get an L-1A visa and maybe a green card through that business? Or you just want to open it and have someone else run it?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don't know what is L-1A or any details of visa restrictions.. I am open to know all my options available, so we can take the best possible option.

But why do you want to open the company in the U.S.? Just to make money? Are you planning to give up your E-3 to go work for your own company?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Since, we have a company in India, it's natural to think of expanding it here too. It's not about money. I am not planning to give up my employment. We have successfully run our own business while working in India. We would like to do the same here in USA too

Ok. What location/state are you looking to open the business in?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Like I said, I am in Des Moines, Iowa. HEnce I will be looking into the same location
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 16 days ago.

Ok. It seems to me that since you are looking for business law information instead of immigration law information, I will need to transfer your question to another forum. No need to reply now since it may delay the transfer. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

You can open your business in the US but there are some things to be considered and I need to know how you plan to operate the business so I have to ask some questions. Will you hire someone to manage the business or do you plan to work in it yourself? Is this business going to be located in Iowa and what is the nature of the business?