Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

I am a member of an LLC in which there are 3 total members.

Customer Question

Hello,I am a member of an LLC in which there are 3 total members. We sell our line of men's apparel exclusively online. There is generally a 2/1 split of the same members when it comes to decisions that determine how the company should run.The odd member out lives in Wisconsin, Madison while I and the other member live in Chicago. A Large number of our customers used to come from Wisconsin, Madison. After having rather large disagreements, our Wisconsin, Madison client base dipped dramatically.Is there any grounds for us to take this member to court for anything along the lines of slander?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Do you have evidence he slandered the business?

Is there any evidence he is diverting business elsewhere?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no there is not

You have to develop some basis for knowing that he is acting against the LLC's interest. If he is then he would have breached his fiduciary duty to the LLC. I suggest you raise the issue directly about the drop in business and see where that goes. If you file a suit with no basis it will probably be dismissed and you could be sanctioned for filing a frivolous lawsuit.

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

I sent you the answer to your question a few days ago. If you do not have any additional questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I get credit for working on your question.