Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

I manage a housing counseling non profit organization in

I manage a housing counseling non profit organization in Orlando Florida attending 80 % latinos. What do I need to do to:1. get certified as a " drug-free workplace has been implemented in accordance with Section 287.087, Fla."
Stat.
2. get certified as a “minority business enterprise” as defined in Section 288.703(3), Fla. Stat.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Since your non profit is not a business enterprise it cannot qualify as a minority owned business. That provision is for for profit businesses.

To qualify as a drug free work you have to follow the requiresments set for the in the statute and prepare and have your employees sign the statement described in the statute. While you do not have to have an affiliation with a drug rehabilitation center, if you provide health insurance it would be helpful if the insurance covered drug dependency. Other than that that is all that is required.

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

I sent you the answer to your question a few days ago. If you do not have any additional questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I get credit for working on your question.

Thank you for positively rating my answer and for the bonus. I am glad I could be of help. If you have questions in the future please ask for me Richard - Bizlaw.