Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Previously I verified that if I had worked in NJ and lived

Customer Question

Previously I verified that if I had worked in NJ and lived in NY and had such large income that I had contributed and met requirements that resulted in me being eligible for the max Unemployment Income benefits from each state, then I could legally apply and receive that max from each state.
The answer I got was based in NJ's statutes: Response: Yes, it is proper and legal. See New Jersey Unemployment Compensation Law, New Jersey Revised Statutes Title 43 Section 43:21-19(i)(2) through (7)Now, From April 2016 until last week, I worked in Florida and lived in New York earning approx. $150,000+ total and presumably have met requirements to apply for and get the max available benefit from each.
Am I legally able to do with NY and FL as I did with NY and NJ?
Does Florida law allow the same? If so, please cite the statute for me.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Live in NY - Worked in FL - Claim UI in both?
From April 2016 until last week, I worked in Florida and lived in New York earning approx. $150,000+ total and presumably have met requirements to apply for and get the max available benefit from each.
Does Florida law allow the same? If so, please cite the statute for me.Previously I verified that if I had worked in NJ and lived in NY and had such large income that I had contributed and met requirements that resulted in me being eligible for the max Unemployment Income benefits from each state, then I could legally apply and receive that max from each state.
The answer I got was based in NJ's statutes: Response: Yes, it is proper and legal. See New Jersey Unemployment Compensation Law, New Jersey Revised Statutes Title 43 Section 43:21-19(i)(2) through (7)
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, this is not just a NJ or FL law, the rule is that if you earned base wages in more than one state, you can apply in each state for unemployment on those base period wage amounts earned in that state. That applies in NJ, FL, TX, NY or whatever state you are applying in.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.